Volunteers to help our volunteer Groundsman keep our pitches and clubhouse in good order
The wear that our pitches take with training every night and matches at weekends means that our pitches need greater attention to keep in as best condition as possible.
We welcome your help to carry out crucial pitch maintenance tasks such as:
• Applying sand and seed to the pitches – 2 hrs p/w
• Divotting and pot holing the pitches – 2 hrs p/w
• Repairing localised damage & de-compaction with a hand fork and the application of topdressing + seed – 2 hrs p/w
• Litter picking, sweeping (once a week) and safety checking AWTP – 2 hrs p/w
• Keep all machinery (tractors, slitter, mowers, verti-drainer and strimmer) well maintained including oil and fuel checks and greasing as required.
• Keep all work areas indoors, outdoors and containers clean and tidy.
• De-compact and aerate the pitches with the slitter and verti-drainer (on a monthly basis)
• Strimming of the under fence area between pitches 1 and 2, the bank at pitch side of pitch 3 and the edges on the top car park near St Botolphs Lane and the fence line outside of the front gate.
• Set up and run the irrigation on the pitches as needed.
• Mow the pitches and grass as needed. This will be at least once weekly during the main growing season
• Apply fertiliser to the pitches in the spring, summer and autumn.
We encourage and welcome everyone to get involved in volunteering at the club. If you feel you would like to enjoy the camaraderie of being more closely connected to the rugby community then take the first step and email me HERE You will be appreciated for whatever time, skills or ability you can give.
Many hands make light work